Subject: Re: Information on design of steel chimneys
Author:  <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org> ("Kipke, Richard" <RKipke(--nospam--at)Haden.com>) at ROH
Date:    2/22/2002 8:51 AM

Try mecaconsulting.com
They offer a couple of programs and spreadsheets for designing steel
stacks.
I haven't used them, but they look useful.  Even if you are not interested
in the program, they have a page of errata and changes for  the ASME
STS-1-2000 (latest ASME Code).  Anyone who has the 2000 code should at
least
review that page.

SMACNA also has a stack guide - which I've never cared for and might not be
very current.

Lincoln Eelectric's Tubular Steel Structures is still available on their
website.  It has a couple of chapters on chimneys - again not the most
useful reference.

Rich