2, 3 & 4 ply trusses

I'm supposed to look at some wood trusses in a one-story wood-frame office
building under construction.
There are several 2, 3 and 4 ply girder trusses that have apparently not
been installed properly.  The framer
who installed the them did not nail the plies together per the truss
manufacturer's recommendations.
Now that the trusses are in place, the architect and contractor who has been
hired specifically to fix
the problems want to know if the chords and webs can be nailed or
thru-bolted without taking the trusses
down.  The truss manufacturer hasn't been much help (and I don't blame them
since they already did their job.)
I assume the recommended nailing is to carry the required shear between
plies so they all act as a unit.
I think the 2-ply and possibly even the 3 ply trusses can still be clamped
and nailed per the manufacturer's
schedule, but am particularly interested in the 4-ply truss. Is there any
reason thru-bolts wouldn't work if
designed properly?

Second issue, one of the 4-ply girder trusses (54' span)has been installed
such that the top chord is "wavy".
The architect says at least 12" side to side variation, possibly 18".  This
concerns me.  How much side-to-side
variation is tolerable?

Thanks in advance.

David L. Williams, P.E.