Re: 2, 3 & 4 ply trusses

In a message dated 2/22/02 11:23:39 AM, dwilliams(--nospam--at)snydereng.com writes:

<< one of the 4-ply girder trusses (54' span)has been installed

such that the top chord is "wavy".

The architect says at least 12" side to side variation, possibly 18".  >>

Surely this can't be true!  Are you sure you didn't misunderstand "one or two
inches" for "one or two feet"?

I once had an owner tell me a beam sagged "about 3 inches" and it turned out
to be more like one-half inch.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA