Re: Pre-Engineered Metal Bldg. Manuf.- Toronto

> Subject: Pre-Engineered Metal Bldg. Manuf.- Toronto

> Can anyone recommend a pre-engineered metal bldg. manufacturer serving the
> Toronto area. Thanks.

Southern Ontario has the largest concentration of significant metal
building manufacturers sales/engineering offices and/or fabrication
plants relative to anywhere else in North America:

Behlen Industries, Burlington (905) 637-9194
Butler Building Systems, Burlington (905) 332-7786 (no Canadian plant)
Robertson Building Systems, Hamilton (905) 561-7000
Steelway Building Systems, Aylmer (519) 765-2244

Murox (Canam), Mississauga (905) 612-9796 manufactures a slightly
different bearing wall building system that does not compete in the same
market but may be worth investigating for your purposes.

These are the major players in Canada. They have primary
sales/engineering offices ALL located within 1 hour of each other.

If you look in your local yellow pages, you can identify their
contractor dealers by the manufacturer's logo. One will be close to you.

(Behlen Industries is not affiliated with the US company of similar
name.)

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International