RE: Interesting Internet Connection Free[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Interesting Internet Connection Free
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:09:45 -0600
Thanks. I use a DSL instead of a dialup. I will turn off my animation as you suggested. Thank you for the tip.
If your DSL connection is significantly slower than advertised, I strongly recommend that you follow these steps:
1] Temporarily turn off or disable your firewall.
2] Go to www.dslreports.com, then click on Tools.
3] Run the Speed Test in verbose mode. Does it show a slow speed?
4] Run Tweaks II. Read the results, read all applicable FAQs, then carefully follow all of the recommendations, especially the MTU and RWIN settings.
5] Reboot your computer, then repeat  and . Repeat  if necessary.
6] Re-enable your firewall.
7] Take your significant other out to a movie and dinner to celebrate.
8] Exercise 200 minutes/week, and eat in accordance with the food guide pyramid.
9] Don't worry, be happy. Live long, and prosper!
Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Interesting Internet Connection Free
- Next by Subject: RE: Interesting Internet Connection Free
- Previous by thread: RE: Interesting Internet Connection Free
- Next by thread: RE: Interesting Internet Connection Free