Re: Check out this structural connection!

> looking vertical pieces that seem out of place.  It must be a structural
> engineer's attempt at art.

Glenn,

As far as I know this is a REAL connection!  I found this photo on
SMI-Owen's website. They are structural steel fabricators. I have an
email into them asking for the particulars on this connection.  Here is
a link to the page where I found that photo.

http://www.smi-owen.com/talent.html

If you look at the photo on the top row on the right side you will see
what appears to be the "node" after it was installed.

You are correct about one thing Glenn - it is a work of art!

Clifford Schwinger