From: Roger Turk [mailto:73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 2:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Anchor Bolts in Residential Footings

George,

Maybe this will be what you are looking for:

[ACI 301-96]  "2.3.1.10  Place sleeves, inserts, anchors, and embedded items

required for adjoining work or for support of adjoining work prior to
concrete placement."

Also, "5.3.1.3  Before placing concrete in forms complete the following:

[snip]

-Position and secure in place expansion joint material, anchors and other
embedded items."

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

George Richards wrote:

. > Is there any place in the code, or in the inspection manuals, that
. > requires that bolts be tied in place prior to a pour as opposed to being
. > stabbed in?