Re: Check out this structural connection!

Cliff Schwinger wrote:

> I've seen some complicated structural steel connections over the years -
> but I think I just found a photo of one that wins the "Grand Prize" in
> the "complicated connections department" - check this out:
>
> http://www.smi-owen.com/images/Node.jpg
>
> My "hat is off" to the detailer who figured out the geometry of this
> thing, and to the workers who were able to fabricate it!
>
> Clifford Schwinger

I emailed SMI-Owen Steel Company asking about the connection and they
replied:

"Thank you for your interest in the multi-directional bracing connection
node
shown on our website.  This 12 Ton node was used in the Mellon Bank high
rise building in Philadelphia and was detailed by hand by Mr. John Alonzo of

Steel Graphics."