Levelling plates or shims ?

Dear forum members,

I'm designing an industrial building which consists of two-bay portal
frames. All columns are pin based.
I suggested to use pipe-sleeved anchor bolts. At this point, I would like to
hear your comments about these two alternatives :

a) Placing 5 mm (3/16") permanent levelling plates and filling underside
with non-shrink grout
b) Directly erecting the columns using shim plates, then applying n.s. grout

Which of the above seems to be more practical per your field experiences,
considering column plumb, purlin and bracing installation, etc ?

Best Regards,

Acun Uyar