RE: STRUCTURAL STEEL: Large Pipe Column?

Bill-

I have been told that round A500 is not readily available in my area (WA
state), so I typically specify A53. Lower yield, but maybe a thick walled
section is available.

As far as how to determine availability, I would contact a local fabricator
and pick their brain as to what ASTM specs are available in the size/wall
thickness you need. HTH

Regards,

-Heath Mitchell