Re: SEAINT List Server Becoming Less Fun

Bill,

I haven't seen your original post or the repost, nor are they in the SEAINT
archives as of about 10:00 p.m. last night.  It must be floating around in
the ether somewhere.

I don't know what you might mean by "anticipate construction loads" in bridge
design.  I do know that we used to specify concrete deck slabs 1/2" thicker
than the design thickness as a "wearing surface" and we would also add
20 psf for "future paving," assuming that at one time in the life of the
bridge a 2" asphaltic pavement would be added.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Polhemus wrote:

. > I'm not looking for "instant answers"-I do work for myself and I try to
. > give myself enough cushion to go by-but it seems strange to me when NO
. > post-and I have made those before-but this one was, to me at least, of a
. > topic I'd think most SEAINT members would enjoy weighing in on: Does the
. > EOR have the responsibility to try to anticipate construction loadings?