Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

AASHTO: What Are The Corresponding Mater

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

If an ASTM spec has an AASHTO (or ANSI) equivalent, the equivalent number is
printed on the first page of the ASTM spec in the upper right-hand or
left-hand corner.  I think that you can get this information even by using
the synopsis of the specs available on the ASTM web site.

When I was doing bridges, we never worried about the AASHTO spec if there was
an identical ASTM spec.  Is the Lone Star State, the only state that was once
an independent nation, that particular?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill Polhemus wrote:

. > This is an adjunct to what I previously asked about Round HSS/Structural
. > Pipe material specs.

. > What are the material designations under AASHTO (if any) for the
. > following:

. > ASTM A 500 = AASHTO M ???

. > ASTM A 618 = AASHTO M ???

. > If anyone has a copy of the AASHTO Material Standards, I'd appreciate
. > knowing the answers!

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********