RE: Opinions Please: Composite Beam/Deck Slab

Keith:

Here are some guidelines that I use:

The maximum outside diameter of conduit, embedded into structural slabs,
shall not exceed 1/3 of the slab thickness (above the metal deck) nor the
clear distance between the top and bottom layers of reinforcing bars. When
conduit crosses in the slab, the maximum outside diameter shall not exceed
1/6 of the slab thickness (above the metal deck) nor the clear distance
between the top and bottom layers of reinforcing bars. Minimum clear
spacing between conduit shall not be less than one conduit diameter nor 3".

When conduit runs parallel with a composite beam, I do not allow them to
run the conduit tight to the studs.
I require a 12" minimun distance from the studs.

I hope this helps!

Jim K.