RE: Anticipate construction loadings?

Bill,

I did not get the original post.

Construction loadings are routinely considered in some industries.  If is
fairly common in large arena structures to design for wind loads during
construction (open vs. enclosed structures with a reduced probabilistic
velocity).  Another industry that considers construction loads are box
segmental bridges that must consider launching loads.

I have considered it for unusual construction problems.  Like a track crane
adjacent to a basement wall picking a huge 4 stage compressor.  It is often
considered in back filling walls of basins and water containing structures.
It is not common, but I have done it.  It can push you into the slippery
slope of methods and means, but I generally craft my general notes to
exclude responsibility while providing some thought to constructability.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague