RE: STRUCTURAL STEEL: Large Pipe Column?

Bill,

With that material why can't they make it per ASTM A500 Grade C, as opposed
to the pipe spec?  If that is not an option, go ahead and use the A53 with
supplemental requirements.  A53 lists the MINIMUM yield and tensile
strength.  You can require something greater as a supplement.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague