Re: OSHA 4 bolt anchorage

Albert

OSHA has one exception that is worth checking - does the column weigh
less than 200 pounds?  If so it can be classified as a post and the four
bolt requirement does not apply.

The OSHA requirement is going to cause some rethinking regarding the
"big box" stores, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. since their shelving layouts
often require flat walls at the perimeter and the columns are more than
200 pounds.  Anyway, that's their problem.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.