Re: OSHA 4 bolt anchorage

Forrest,
I believe the limit is 300 pounds.  For reference:
http://www.osha.gov/OshStd_data/1926_0751.html
Thanks for noticing the exception, I was not aware of it until you mentioned it.
By the letter of the definition, it indicates the weight of the post, not the
load (especially construction load, that's another can of worms) supported by the
post.  It seems to me that this would exempt a lot of columns in a low-rise
building.  Ex.:  a 6x6x1/4 tube could be at least 14.5' long without a 4 bolt
base connection.  Thanks again, this little nugget might save me and others from
some detailing nightmares.
Mark Nowmos