Re: Anticipate construction loadings?

I believe it is the responsibility of the EOR to validate that the
structure is constructable.  If this means performing some construction
load analyses, so be it.  In large span bridge design, it is common
practice to develop AN erection sequence which CAN be used to construct
the bridge.  The contractor may use this method (after checking it, of
course) or develop an alternative one.  In any event, the key point here
is that the EOR has to be able to prove (possibly to a jury) that the
structure as design could be built using accepted construction practices.
A bridge industry perspective, FWIW.

Thomas P. Murphy, Ph.D., P.E.
Harrisburg, PA