Re: Construction wind velocities

I didn't see the original posting but thought I would pass on the following
sources of wind forces on structures during construction:

AASHTO  Guide Design Specifications for bridge Temporary Works      1995

SEI/ASCE    Standard 37 Design Loads on Structures During Construction  2002
(May not be in print yet)

AASHTO  Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs,
Luminaires and Traffic Signals  1994        (This publication has a simple
but comprehensive approach for determining wind loads and includes wind speed
maps for 10, 25 and 50 year recurrence intervals.)

Alan Fisher