Re: Dumb Old Guys

I have learned more from experienced engineers and
contractors than from anybody.

I would not say civil or structural engineering has
developed much in the past century. Same old formulas
are being fed to computers to calculate moments to 3
decimal places and we say 'we are using cutting edge
technology'. Universities are teaching the same old
material they used to teach during those old days. May
be we are un-learning:  schools and FEAM have spent
millions of dollors doing research and we still do not
know how to design a steel moment frame. May be they
will one day tell us to use rivets and bolts instead
of welds;