SS bolts combined shear and tension[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: SS bolts combined shear and tension
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:02:37 -0500
I have a minor Stainless steel bolted connection to analyze, but do not have the S.S. Specifications. I would assume that the S.S. spec. has something similar to AISC with a reduction in allowable tension on bolts that also have shear stress (Table J3.3 p. 5-74 of the 9th edition). Can someone please give me the equation for allowable tensile stress for 304 SS bolts with shear?
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: Re: spreadsheets for moment distribution method
- Next by Subject: Stamping drawings & calculations
- Previous by thread: San Jose invites you to particpipate in Building Safety Week
- Next by thread: Job Opportunity