Re: aluminum welding

Replacing the aluminum cross would be most direct, except it would require a
very tall crane for installation.  Ultimately, this may be the only viable
solution but, I was hoping (searching?) for less cost, and perhaps a clever
solution that could be done without a crane.

The contractor and I did review the possibility of cutting the cross at 12"
from the base and bring it down with a crane, then replace the +12" segment
with new matching aluminum pipe with a aluminum base plate that can be
bolted to the existing steel pan.  Neoprene pad could be used to separate
the two metals.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Brad Smith, SE