RE: aluminum welding

You can not weld stainless to aluminum, but you can weld stainless to the
carbon steel pan.  Welding stainless to carbon steel is not commonly done,
but it is possible.

Weld a piece of stainless pipe to the fins.  Put holes in the piece of SS
pipe, and screw the SS pipe to the aluminum pipe with stainless steel
screws.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague