as to when and why we became dinosaurs.

Thanks.
Ralph Benson

>>> bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc 3/5/02 2:01:20 PM >>>
Woo, you're behind the times.

Void boxes are a STRICT no-no anymore!

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, TX, USA
Phone (281) 492-2251
FAX (281) 492-8203
email bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc

-----Original Message-----
From: Davis Parsons [mailto:dparsons(--nospam--at)msc-engineers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 1:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Drilled piers vs piles

"Improper" to who? With a proper geotechnical report, there should not be
any
complications due to soil heave.  We always provide soil retainers and void
boxes under all grade beams in expansive soil conditions. All grade beams
are
doweled into drilled piers unless we have a condition where the pier
reinforcing
is extended into the grade beams.