From: Brian K. Smith [mailto:smithegr(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 3:40 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Drilled piers vs piles

        Why not what?  Why do they not use them anymore?  I can't say for
certain,
maybe Bill can help us.  I have reviewed plans by other engineers from
around the Houston area, and they used a full crawl space foundation,
drilled piers with formed grade beams and a sub-surface drainage system
consisting of trenches.