From: Jeff Creagan [mailto:jeffc(--nospam--at)kpff.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 10:45 PM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wide Shallow Beams

I'm starting design on a wide-shallow (slab-beam) post-tensioned slab and can find no maximum span to depth recommendations for this type of system, only classical two way flat plate (L/45 - cont) and one way slab and beam (L/30 - cont).  The system will be limited by strength and deflection considerations but has anyone run across recommendations for initial design of this hybrid system?