Insurance

Well I'm starting my own business as I have found that I'm either
"overqualified" or too expensive for most local firms to hire me, especially
since everyone is claiming a slow down in the bay area.

Anyway, I know there are a number of good engineers on this list who are a
small business, either on their own or with a couple of employees. I will be
working out of my house until I build up a steady client base. I was
wondering if any of you could recommend and/or list the types of insurance I
should look into.

I know there is professional liability & E+O Insurance. Are these the same
thing? What about all the other ones (workers comp etc..) That I should
have. I am a sole proprietor at the moment, but I am not sure if there is
any real benefit in going Incorporated, but If I did I take it I would then
need to get workerman's comp.

Lastly, If anyone can recommend places that offer affordable insurance to
engineers, I'd appreciate any leads. You can respond privately if you'd
like.

thanks,
-gerard

Gerard Madden, PE