Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]


[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Well I'm starting my own business as I have found that I'm either
"overqualified" or too expensive for most local firms to hire me, especially
since everyone is claiming a slow down in the bay area.

Anyway, I know there are a number of good engineers on this list who are a
small business, either on their own or with a couple of employees. I will be
working out of my house until I build up a steady client base. I was
wondering if any of you could recommend and/or list the types of insurance I
should look into.

I know there is professional liability & E+O Insurance. Are these the same
thing? What about all the other ones (workers comp etc..) That I should
have. I am a sole proprietor at the moment, but I am not sure if there is
any real benefit in going Incorporated, but If I did I take it I would then
need to get workerman's comp.

Lastly, If anyone can recommend places that offer affordable insurance to
engineers, I'd appreciate any leads. You can respond privately if you'd


Gerard Madden, PE
Civil Engineer, Owner

Madden Engineering
540 Monroe Street
Santa Clara, CA 95050

T: 408.564.5515
F: 408.564.5530
E: gmadden(--nospam--at)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********