Re: dead load resisting - Perforated shear walls - published designexample?

Scott

I have at least three articles that I have picked up the last couple of
years including the original study.  None of them address one way or the
other the use of dead loads to resist the overturning.  Logically it
makes sense to do so as chapter 16 IBC/UBC allows it.  The question is
to what extent and how to combine with the various provisions of the
perforated shear wall design.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.