PS: Insurance

Gerard,

I forgot to mention --- on both your home hazard insurance and your office
hazard insurance (all risk coverage), make sure that you have a "Codes and
Ordinance" endorsement in addition to replacement cost coverage.

Replacement cost coverage will pay the cost, without depreciation, to provide
you with a replacement for your loss, regardless of whether code changes
might require additional work.  As we all know, codes are constantly changing
so the codes and ordinance endorsement will provide for additional coverage
to pay for additional costs due to code or ordinance requirements.

When I looked into the endorsement several years ago, IIRC there were three
selections I could make:  25 percent, 40 percent, and 60 percent increases in
cost of repairs due to code changes.  IIRC, the 60 percent increase would
require an additional premium of $45.00 a year!

Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona