Re: Cost of AWS D1.1 (was RE: Backing Ba

AWS D1.1-2002 is now 502 pages and should be considered a "must buy" as it is
completely revised from the previous editions.  The "Forward" indicates the
more significant changes as:

Section 1 -- New provisions ...
Section 2 -- Parts A, B and C have been extensively reorganized ...
Subsections 3.14 and 3.14C -- New provision on PWHT added.
Figures 4.7, 4.8, 4.10, 4.11 -- Modifications made --> CVN
Tables 4.5 -- Shielding gas flow rate variables have been changed
Table 4.6 -- A supplementary essential variable table ... added
Table 5.2 -- Holding times for stress relief have been adjusted.
Subsections 6.26.12 and C6.26.12 -- Provisions added
Tables 6.2 and 6.3, Note 3 -- Modified to address UT ...
Annex III -- Modifications made --> CVN testing.
Annex IX -- Changes made --> stud welding on decking.
Annex B -- Acronyms added
Tables and figures for each section relocated to end of section.

So, if we knew where to look in previous editions, it probably t'aint there
any more, and if we spec'd a specific section in our general notes, it may
well not refer to what we wanted any more.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona