RE: Boussinesq analysis

	I am not sure which Bowles text book you are referencing, but Foundation
Analysis and Design by Bowles 4th Edition does deal with Boussinesq theory;
I have used it in the past for lateral loading on a sheet pile wall next to
a train track.  I compared the equations presented in Bowles with those in
Fundamentals of Geotechnical Analysis by Dunn, Anderson, and Kiefer and they
are essentially the same with only a change in the presentation.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.