Fwd: ENGINEERING V/S MANAGEMENT/OFF TOPIC!!

ENJOY,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD
SAUDI ARABIA.

http://mail.yahoo.com/

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.

--- Begin Message ---

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost.

He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below.

He descended a bit more and shouted,

"Excuse me,can you help me? I promised a  friend I would
meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied,

"You are in a hot air  balloon hovering approximately 30 feet
above the ground. You are between 40 and  41degrees north
latitude and between 59  and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the  balloonist.

"I am," replied the woman, "How did  you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist,  "everything you told me is technically
correct, but I have no idea what to make of your
information, and the fact is I am  still lost.
Frankly, you've not been much help so  far."

The woman below responded, "You must be in  Management."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did  you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are
or where you  are going. You have risen to where you are
due to a large quantity of hot air.  You made a promise
which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect people
beneath you to solve your problems.

The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were
in before we met, but  now, somehow, it's my fault."

--- End Message ---