Frost Heave

Does anyone know of any publications and/or journal
articles dealing with frost heave of footings and
slabs for buildings that house large freezers? My
company has done a couple of these with a cookbook
procedure. When I ask questions about where the
procedure came from, I get that old expression "we've
always done it that way". I was going to see if there
is anything out there to confirm this procedure.
Thanks in advance,

Todd Hill