From: MJL Engineering Ltd. [mailto:mjleng(--nospam--at)uniserve.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 1:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: IBC Siesmic Loading

We are working on a project north of Japan .......a modular constructed
building and the siesmic loading is refered to as
IBC   Class E   (don't know what Class E is????)

S = 0.5 G   ( there are two S values .....why????)
S = 1.5 G
I = 1.25   ( I take this as the importance factor to be utilized????)

We need to know what these values are listed and if the IBC has different
formulaes to calculate the Siesmic shear, please advise what they are......I
don't have a copy of the IBC
Thank you for your responses

Jamie Lawson  P.Eng.
MJL Engineering Ltd.