How to Create PLT File from a PDF file?

I am looking for suggestions on how to create a plotter (PLT) file from an
Adobe PDF file.  What I have are PDF files of several drawings (34 in x 44
in) and in order for me to get hard copies from our local print shop, these
files have to be converted into PLT files such as would be used by an HP
650c plotter, for example.  For some of these drawings, I also have JPG
files, but not all.  I have AutoCad Light 2000 and Adobe Acrobat 4 but so
far I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to make a PLT file using
these programs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Walt Sawruk