Recycled concrete in place of crushed stone below slab on grade

A contractor has requested to use recycled concrete below the slab on grade
instead of the specified crushed stone.  It seems that this would be an
ideal base for paving applications, but since one of the purposes of the
crushed stone is to drain water away from the floor slab I would want the
recycled concrete mix to be graded to remove the fines.  Has anyone
encountered this substitution?  What are your thoughts on it?  Has anyone
created aspecification for this?  Thanks in advance for your input.

Albert J. Meyer, Jr., P.E.
Martin Engineering
238 North 22nd Street
Philadelphia PA 19103-1004