Re: METAL BUILDING DESIGN METHODS

Fellow engineers,

	When I was a much younger man the accepted method of analyzing non
prismatic (tapered and the like) members was called "Column Analogy".
This method has no limitations (that I can remember) except those
imposed by your own computational abilities.

	Please don't ask me how to do this because I would have to resort to my
notes and textbooks to find it out.  If you want a reference my most
current one is "Structural Analysis by A. Ghali and A. M. Neville,
published by Champion and Hall."  My copy is third edition, dated 1989.
This is an excellent reference book containing some 900 pages including
many methods of analysis from antiquated, little used classical methods
all the way to finite element analysis.  Almost any structural method
you could want is likely to be in there.

	I hope this will be helpful to the original knowledge seeker.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson