Re: metal bld'g. cable cross bracing

One thing is going for the metal industry is that the buildings are light.
Another fact is that the Metal builidng Lobbyist manage to get into the
code a way of allowing tension bracing for one and two story building.
Section 2213.8.5 is the key in allowing metal buildings to be what they are.
Frankly it has always bothered me too.

Samir Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates
(800) 827 4901xt 360