RE: metal bld'g. cable cross bracing

Standing seam metal roofing is not capable of functioning as a flexible
diaphragm, therefore the metal building manufactures must place horizontal
diagonal bracing in the plane of the roof within the same bay as the lateral
bracing system (whether it's X-bracing or a portal frame) in order to
"collect" the wind forces that are present in the roof from the transverse
end wall reactions.