Re: Anchor Chairs Question

Sam,

	I've seen anchor chairs, usually with a complete ring at the top of the
chairs, used for free standing stacks and tall process vessels but
generally not for tanks.  Mind you, I work in a low seismic area where
wind virtually always governs the design.

	When I do use anchor chairs it's usually in combination with large
anchor bolts (say 1.5 inch or larger) and the chairs are needed to
transfer bolt tension to the vertical vessel (shell) wall.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson