Re: Concrete Shear Wall Below Grade; In-Plane / Out-of-Plane Behavior

Robert,

	It is my understanding that you can use the SAME BARS for both purposes
but that you must provide sufficient total area of steel such that

As(total) = As(bending) + As(shear)

at all critical locations.  You must also detail the bars to accommodate
both purposes.  If the bending action is two directional (which I don't
expect to be the case) then the above would apply in both directions.

	I hope this helps.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson