From: "Yousefi, Ben" <Ben.Yousefi(--nospam--at)ci.sj.ca.us>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Foundation Min. reinforcement
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:30:25 -0800

The minimum reinforcement you refer to is for flexural members. Unless you
expect major relative settlement, or the soil is so bad that it provides
little no support, the footing is not a flexural element IMHO. Therefore,
the 1 or 2 #5's at top and bottom is mainly intended for minor settlement
crack control.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA