From: "Ed Najjarine" <enajjarine(--nospam--at)permasteelisausa.com>
To: "SEAINT \(E-mail\)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Foundation Min. reinforcement
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:29:52 -0800

Fellow Engineers,

We normally design footings and grade beams with 1 or 2 # 5 T & B (or
whatever is needed for the design moment) but we don't use the minimum
reinforcement requirements for regular beams such as 200/Fy. Can you direct
me to where the code makes the distinction between regular beam
reinforcement and grade beams.

T.I.A.

Ed Najjarine, P.E.

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE