Foundation Min. reinforcement

First, thank you all for your informative response, For Flexural Members,
it's stated in the 97 UBC page 2-117, Sec. 1910.5.3 that as long as you
provide 30% more Tensile reinforcement than required( which in my case a
whole lot less than the minimum 200/Fy), the minimum reinforcement
requirement does not apply. Any comments?

Ed Najjarine, P.E.