Re: Foundation Min. reinforcement

Yes, ACI 318 also stipulates the same thing.

SYED FAIZ AHMAD

From: "Ed Najjarine" <enajjarine(--nospam--at)permasteelisausa.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Foundation Min. reinforcement
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:24:33 -0800

First, thank you all for your informative response, For Flexural Members,
it's stated in the 97 UBC page 2-117, Sec. 1910.5.3 that as long as you
provide 30% more Tensile reinforcement than required( which in my case a
whole lot less than the minimum 200/Fy), the minimum reinforcement
requirement does not apply. Any comments?

Ed Najjarine, P.E.

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD