RE: Excel: Custom Data Entry and Edit Form

On each template I create a cell named "DATA" and a variable named EXT that is equal to a three digit number unique to that sheet. The macro cycles throught that list copying the data to a text file. The inverse process reads the data from the text file and places it in the corresponding cells defined in DATA. I also created a dialog that allows me to move to the proper directory and name the text file.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Allen, S.E. [mailto:Bill(--nospam--at)jrma.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 1:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Excel: Custom Data Entry and Edit Form

Mark-

What would that macro look like?

Bill Allen, S.E.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Mark E. Deardorff [mailto:MarkD(--nospam--at)DandDEng.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 1:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

I wrote a macro that stores all my input data to a separate text file using an extension that is peculiar to the particular sheet I am using. I do not save multiple sheets for each different design. I save my data under subdirectories for each job. This saves a whole lot of disk real estate and is relatively fast.

Mark