Re: mold growth on joists

hello Jeff,

We are dealing with similar problem in our office on a schol project.
My understanding is that mold grows roots kind of like a plant. if you can
sand
the mold and remove the roots and still satisfy your structural and
architectural requirements( smooth finish after sanding each joist a
different amount) then you can salvage the joists. otherwise you have to
remove and replace. because once you treat the mold, you killed it under dry
conditions , but once it comes in contact with new moisture it will come back
to life.