Re: Structural Draftsman salaries?

Draftsman salaries vary widely, and not all firms are willing (able?) to pay
salaries that reflect the actual value of draftmen.

I have seen salaries for draftmen range from a mere $15,000 for entry-level to
upwards of $60,000 for especially competent men and women, not counting
bonuses, profit sharing, and shareholder profits (yes, some drafters CAN become
shareholders).  Keep in mind, these are Arkansas salaries.

The only constants seem to be the ability of the draftsman and the level of
respect draftsmen receive in a firm.

If you feel you are underpaid, I encourage you to shop around or ask your boss
for a raise, whichever seems appropriate.  Skilled and talented draftmen are
highly prized by firms that lack them but know the value of such human capital.

-Keith Fix, PE
-Little Rock, Arkansas