From: Peieng5590(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Peieng5590(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 4:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: mold growth on joists

Any words of wisdom as to the damaged caused by the growth of mold on wood
joists, and by mold I mean mushrooms and hairy looking stuff and filmy
looking stuff.  Some joists have obvious degradation noted by shoving a awl
in and through the joists, the problem is: after the moisture  and
ventilation is fixed, what do we do with the joists that are still hard,
seemily undamaged, can we leave the stuff adhered to the side of the joists?

Jeff Fertich, P.E.
Gettysburg PA