bridge / culvert

i have a new project being presented to me.  car / truck traffic over a cast in place "arch" profile structure with head / wing walls at each end.

is my 1998 lrfd aashto design manual the most current design reference for this?  it has some discussion regarding earth covered culverts.  i searched the aci / aashto / seaint websites for something more current but did not find it.

even if my aashto design manual is current, what have some of you "old time" culvert designers included in the design that the new literature neglects?  while i like the most current, i LOVE old school....

tia,
da